Luxury Child Friendly Resort France

9 Jan

Brexit – Book your Holiday Now!



UPDATE OCTOBER 2020 – still no agreement, but even with “no deal” it doesn’t really matter if you’re travelling to France. Your travel insurance will be valid and flights will run as usual. It’s no different to travelling to Turkey, Tenerife or many other holiday destinations.

This is the big dilemma at the moment isn’t it?  Should we just get our holiday booked, or wait until all things Brexit-related are a bit clearer? We have some clear advice regarding Brexit – book your holiday now.

Here’s why we think you shouldn’t delay.

Kids in the Pool


Life goes on outside the UK

A bit silly this one, but it’s true. Everyone else in the world outside of the UK is not generally concerned with Brexit on a daily basis.  For them, life goes on as normal, and that includes booking their holidays.

Meet other families

Here in France, many local people we talk to think that Brexit actually happened two years ago and is already done and dusted – for them, local French politics is of much more interest, as is German politics to German people.

At Imagine Roussillon, we receive reservations from Ireland, the US, Germany, the Netherlands, Australia and so on as well as from the UK.  Our European guests most certainly are not hanging around to see what is round the corner for Brexit.

There’s always a risk that if you leave things too late, the best holiday weeks will be sold out.  And then you’d be stuck with a wet weekend in Bognor!

What about Flights?

How to Get Here Imagine Roussillon

We’ve all heard these concerns about flights not being allowed to take off and land after Brexit, but that is an extremely unlikely scenario, simply because every country would suffer and they all have their own best interests at heart.

Beach Club Canet

Wouldn’t you rather be here?

For us, the more practical issue is that short haul flights can get more expensive as you approach the departure date. Leave it until a few weeks before your holiday and you could well end up paying significantly more.

The same applies to car hire, incidentally.  Try a comparison site such as Rentalcars before booking.

Peace of Mind

The best location

Imagine Roussillon from the air

Guessing about Brexit is just like trying to second-guess house prices – ask ten people and you’ll get ten different opinions.

Why not just book your holiday now and then just sit back and look forward to it? Look forward to a nice glass of wine when you get here and put all your worries behind you!

luxury family holiday in France

Remember that at Imagine Roussillon we offer the option of paying in sterling.  We take 40% deposit at the time of booking, with the remaining 60% not due until 10 weeks before your holiday. So if you’re worried about exchange rates, you can either book your currency now or opt to wait until nearer the time; the choice is yours.

relaxing child friendly holiday



8 Responses

  1. Hi! If you need to produce case brief for tomorrow, don’t worry and write guys on this website. Believe me, they will make a perfect work.

  2. This is very interesting, You are an overly professional blogger.

    I have joined your feed and look ahead to in the hunt for
    extra of your wonderful post. Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks

Leave a Reply